The main wisdom is that the more links point to your website, the more traffic you generate and the better the (Blog)search engines can find you. So how to spread the word about your Bog?
Some examples of techniques to get the desired results are:
- Comment, comment and comment; The advise is both inbound and outbound:
- Give as many comments on interesting posts of fellow Bloggers as is feasible
- Obtain as many comments as possible simply by writing about subjects that interes others.
- “I have been tagged”: Somebody points to (tags) usually 5 fellow Bloggers and the tagged ones should answer the pointing (tagging) by a post under the header “I have been tagged” and should give away a few until then unknown personal facts about themselves and at the same time tag 5 new fellow Bloggers.
- Get interviewed by another Blogger:
- Guillaume Thevenot exploited this successfully with his tag 20 Blogs I like, wherein from time to time he posts an interview. In addition he started this week publishing a list of 50 top Travel and Hotel Blogs according to technorati
- Paul Johnson copied the idea and has thus far published 17 interviews on A Luxury Travel Blog and yes yours truly Happy Hotelier is amongst them!
- Join communities: For instance My Blog where you can obtain a nice widget (see my right column) that gives you an idea who passes by your Blog. Technorati, is another possibility and there are many more.
- The idea is simple: Write a post, and copy and paste the list of the one who T listed your Blog into the post. Make sure the links are active and correct. If your blog is on that list, remove it as all to obvious self promotion is “not done”. Donâ€™t worry, because if your Blog is on a T List, it will be on others and will spread. Add your favorite blogs to the top of the list. Publish the post. People will notice the incoming links, and hopefully write their own T List posts. The result will be that all get more links pointing to our blogs, and more readers â€” itâ€™s got to be good!
In other words:
- Create a new post on your blog.
- Copy and Paste the entire list of blog links in the post
- Add any blogs that you want to include near the top of the list. (Optional)
- Include the blog where you first got the list from, on the list in your post.
- Do not include your own blog links on the list in your post.
- Make sure that all links are copied intact.
- Publish the Post.
Here we go
To the list of Radar:
- Hotel Blogs
- Les Explorers
- Chrispitality Media Blog (link deleted as broken)
- A Luxury Travel Blog
- Travel Rants
- Travolution Blog
- Erin Julian ( Link deleted)
- My Travel Backpack
- The Travel PR Blog
Added 10 March 2007:
Thanks David Ourisman of Travel Horizons for creating a T-List logo that proudly appears at the top of this post.
Look at my T-List page for an as complete as possible updated T-List.