Today Yesterday I had the honor to give a presentation for 60 something hoteliers and OTA ppl at the Hotel Website Marketing conference in Amsterdam about how a blog can be a hotelier’s best friend.
I’ll upload the presentation later, but my wrap up was: 16 C’s to keep in mind when blogging and engaging in Social Media:
- Be Creative.
- Use Common Sense.
- Always be and remain Courteous
- and Considerate
- Get and keep Contact with your audience
- Connect with your audience
- Have Conversations
- Comment sensibly wherever possible
- Provide Content, Content and Content
- Within it’s own Context (subject and time frame)
- Be Controversial when necessary or fitting
- In other words: Captivate your audience
- And look for all opportunities to Convert lookers into bookers.
- Be Consistent in what you do.
- Co-operate with as many parties as possible
- Continue practicing all mentioned before.
- Be Curious (which should be number 1) Thank you Claude, as ever
- Don’t forget to Coordinate your web 2.0 efforts
As per the comments:
Last year I started with only 6 C‘s when I wound down from the 2009 PhocusWright ITB Berlin bloggers meeting.
I’m reasonably sure that before the end of 2010 I’ll be able to enhance this to 20 C‘s.
I’m not sure as to number 12. Should it be Captivate or Capture, or could Capture be a separate C? Then I would have reached 19 already.
I would like to have a nice Letter C above this post. I searched for one and found this letter C which is now above the post. By pure Coincidence the same C was used for a post from The Seven “C”s of Social Interaction by @Larry Hawes