Invesp Consulting managed to put together a ranking list of 150 General Travel Blogs without my (and Gary’s) help.
I’m excited. Ever since I saw Happy Hotelier listed on one of them ranking lists, starting with the T-List, I got interested in lists. For some time I’ve tried to keep up with lists of travel bloggers according to their technorati ranking. I’ve tried to combine same with Alexa ranking, but as I did it by hand it took a lot (actually too much) of time and effort.
In May I found myself number one on the Invesp Hotel Blogs ranking. I really hoped that they soon would come with a travel blog ranking and offered them help to speed it up. Then I could stop the tally work by hand. On the other hand the ranking and listing posts get a lot of interest. If you look at my side bar: My last year’s Happy Haloween post is my most commented ever…
We have seen other lists and comments as well: Many are of the opinion that a panel and/or public voting doesn’t reflect true reach of a travel blog. Let alone the mere technorati ranking or the mere Alexa ranking that I posted about recently….
In an update to this post I will analyze the list more in depth. In the meantime I decided to put my bragging badge in my sidebar.
Some Obeservations, updating this post from time to time:
- Khalid who seems responsible for the project blogs about it in How Does Blog Rank calculate the ultimate rank? and explains that they use 20+ parameters which they mix together with a different weight. Here I saw that Gary was also offering him help.
- In view of the already over 1,000 members of the TBex community, I have a feeling that 150 blogs is a meager number. Also obviously no foreign language blog while I know there is a huge Spanish language travel blog community spread over several continents
- I’m missing various blogs – Uptake – Velvet Escape – Lonely Planet – Gadling – Gridskipper – Hotelchatter – My Marrakech to name a few …and I will come up with more…
- With 150 on the list it is very hard to sort and sift through it
- All in all on first sight I have a slight feeling this list cannot put aside my tedious handwork…